When I visited New York last week, I was a little overwhelmed at first. What’s the best place to have dinner? Where can I find cosy places to enjoy a quiet breakfast to start my day? What sights are on top of my list? I was a little naive thinking that after watching Sex and the City for years and years, I would know the city quite well by now. Well, I didn’t.
So I took a little trip to Pinterest and Instagram and discovered some of the prettiest places and sights that New York has to offer. I made a
very long list of the things I wanted to see during my stay in The Big Apple that I would love to share with you:
- Ladurée Soho – I completely agree with you that Paris will always be the best place to eat macarons and other French pastries, but Ladurée Soho is worth a visit
or two. I cannot think of a better and prettier place to Instagram one of Ladurée’s pastries than their newly opened garden. To me, it felt like I stepped into a fairytale. If you have a sweet tooth like me, you have to try the St Honore Rose Framboise, the raspberry macarons and the tart conversation vanille.
- Piccola Cucina – You don’t have to go to Italy to taste some delicious Italian food. There is plenty of Italian deliciousness in New York. I went to this typical Italian place to have lunch before meeting a friend but I could have stayed there all day.
- Bluestone Lane – A little piece of Australia right in the middle of New York. Bluestone Lane is a small, cosy coffee shop in West Village. The perfect place to start the day with some of the best Australian coffee and tea and to watch the passing West Village traffic. The moment you step into Bluestone Lane, it feels like you just stepped into a chic beach cafe close to the ocean.
- The New York Public Library – One of the most gorgeous libraries I’ve ever seen. I was so thrilled when I entered the library and amazed by the inspiring interior and hundreds of thousands of books. For me, it was love at first sight. Or, in the words of Carrie Bradshaw: “It’s the classic New York landmark that housed all the great love stories.”
- Bergdorf Goodman – Think intimate and elegant setting, a view of Central Park and freshly baked scones with Devonshire cream. A chic, feminine place where the best afternoon tea in the city is served.
- The Metropolitan Museum – If you’ve seen Gossip Girl, you probably know that the steps at the Metropolitan Museum of Art are where Blair often has lunch with her closest friends. Now that I’ve seen the steps and the museum myself, I can imagine why. There is something magical about this pretty and magnificent museum. It’s definitely worth a visit!